About Deeper Life Ministry
Strasbourg Bible Camp changed its name to Deeper Life Ministry in 2020. It still seeks to impact the lives of a wide range of people through camp, and also through the added ministries of prayer and worship.
Strasbourg Bible Camp was established in 1938 by people with a vision to provide a Christian training and recreation facility. After years of success and growth the camp was moved to it’s current site (1972), one mile north of Rowan’s Ravine Provincial Park on the east shore of Last Mountain Lake.
We are a non-profit, charitable organization run by a Board of Directors and a full time Executive Director. Although our essential task is spiritual, we wish to see the whole person complete and thus develop spiritually, physically, socially, mentally, and emotionally. Our facilities and programs are designed to provide the greatest benefit in each of these areas. It is the Vision of Strasbourg Bible Camp to provide a Christ centered atmosphere to fulfill Matt. 22:37-40 (which says”…love the Lord our God with all our heart,.. Soul…mind…then… love our neighbor as our self”). We desire that all can passionately glorify God with acceptable conduct while on the camp property. Our desire is to effectively interact and personally present the Gospel to bring people to a saving grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and encourage Christian maturity through obedience to God’s word in a comfortable surrounding.
- To develop attractive, Christ-centered programs based on the following philosophy statement:
- Strasbourg Bible Camp is a Christian Christ-centered camp. We base everything on the fact that God revealed Himself in Jesus Christ, and that we as individuals, come to know Him and become members of His family through faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- God chose to use an individual, in the person of Jesus Christ, to communicate His interest in humans. He still uses individuals, both to communicate and accept Him. Our purpose is to mature as Christians and to influence others for Christ so that they have opportunity to enter into a personal relationship with Christ.
- We are completed beings made in the likeness of God. It was sin that took away the wholeness of man and the wholeness of nature. So the love of Jesus Christ is expressed in making man complete. Our essential task is not only spiritual (although that is the key dimension) but to see the whole person develop spiritually, physically, emotionally, mentally and socially.
- To maintain our existing programs and develop new programs to meet the needs of both our membership and adherents.
- To maintain existing facilities and infrastructure, and to develop new facilities to meet new program needs.
- To consistently improve communication and fellowship between the camp board, camp executive, constituency and adherents.
- To increase interest, participation and membership in the ministry of Strasbourg Bible Camp.
- To confess our faults one to another.
- To pray for one another, as the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous person availeth much. James 5:16
- To God be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
- Objectives and Philosophy
- To glorify the name of the Lord.
- To confront campers and staff with the claims of Jesus Christ on their lives (salvation, discipleship & stewardship)
- To teach the scriptures as the inspired word of God.
- To provide Christian fellowship.
- To provide a Christian atmosphere that fosters wholesome attitudes.
- To relate Christianity to daily living.
- To offer experience in leadership and witnessing
- What we Believe
- We believe the Holy Bible is God’s inerrant, infallible, and complete revelation to man, revealing both the absolute perfection of the Godhead (Father, Son & Holy Spirit) as well as the absolute sinful, hopeless & lost condition of all men.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, fully God and fully man, who came to this earth to save sinners by being virgin born, sinless Himself, crucified, buried, resurrected, ascended into Heaven, and coming again.
- We believe that God would have all men to be saved and to come unto the knowledge of the truth through repentance and the new birth, which is by God’s grace through faith in the blood and the finished work of Christ.
- We further believe that those who are saved must deny ungodliness and worldly lusts by living soberly, righteously and Godly in this present word, looking for that blessed hope the glorious appearing of the great God and our saviour, Jesus Christ.
- Statement of Faith
- The Bible is inspired of God, inerrant in the original documents and of final authority in all matters of faith and practice. (II Tim. 3:16-17, II Peter 1:20-21)
- There is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son & Holy Spirit. (II Cor. 13:14, Heb.9:14)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His substitutionary and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father where He serves as our mediator, and in His personal return in power and glory. (John 1:1,29; Matt. 1:23-25; Phil.2:6; I John 3:5; I Thess.4:13-18)
- Each member of the human race is fallen, sinful, and lost and regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of people. Redemption is wholly by the blood of Christ, and salvation is by grace, through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Gen.3, Rom. 3:23, Eph.2:8-9, Acts 4:12)
- All who by faith receive the Lord Jesus Christ as saviour are born again of the Holy Spirit, indwelt by the Holy Spirit and by the Holy Spirit baptized into the body of Christ, the Church, of which He is the risen and ascended head. (I Cor.12:12-14, Eph.1:22-23, Col.1:18)
- The Church began with the descent of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost and is composed of all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. These believers are united to Him and to one another by the indwelling Spirit. The main functions of the church are to glorify God and to witness for Christ until His return. (Acts 2:1-12,42; Acts 11:15-18; Heb.3:1)
- The ascended Christ is the giver of gifts, such as evangelists, pastors, and teachers, and these individuals are responsible to Him for their service. These gifts are given “for the perfecting of the saints unto the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.” (Eph.4:11-16)
- There will be a resurrection of the saved and of the lost; of the saved unto eternal life, and of the lost unto eternal damnation and conscious judgement. (I Thess.4:17, Rev. 20:11-15)
CURRENT EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Marty Wagner has been serving in this role since April 2018, alongside his wife Lavina who is the Camp Administrator. They met at Eston College, and were married in August 2004. They have made their home in Strasbourg, and together with their 3 girls look forward to serving both the SBC Camp and Strasbourg communities.